The "PHOTONPATH" project wins the 6th edition of the everis Italy Award for entrepreneurship
The proposal is based on reconfigurable devices capable of boosting the capacity, availability and programmability of optical telecommunications networks.
PHOTONPATH has won the everis Italy 2020 Award for its technology that allows the miniaturization and integration of thousands of optical devices on a single chip. This approach has many advantages, including simplification of assembly processes, reduced energy consumption, size and cost. Network monitoring and reconfiguration are key features in an energy-saturated operating scenario.
The implementation develops reconfigurable devices capable of boosting the capacity, availability and programmability of optical telecommunications networks. The solution is a reconfigurable integrated photonic circuit that offers this flexibility. As a result, with your product, optical networks can be more resilient to failures and can be programmable.
PHOTONPATH, in addition to the 10,000 euros won in the Italian local award and advisory services, will have access to the international final and will compete for the global everis Award, endowed with 60,000 euros, with the winners of 9 other national calls in Europe and Latin America.
Finalists of the 2020 everis Italy Award:
- GRYCLE: machine that transforms undifferentiated waste into raw material granules, automatically separated and ready for reuse. Grycle eliminates the need for manual sorting, reduces the volume of waste by more than 90% and transforms it into secondary raw material that can be reused in industrial processing. Grycle is equipped with an artificial intelligence module that allows it to progressively learn to recognise new materials.
- AIRCNC: B2B web platform for sharing machine hours designed for metalworking MPMIs, with a payment system to protect quality for the customer and solvency for the supplier, integrated with an e-commerce platform for the sale of raw material stocks that can be used for mechanical processing.
- APPROXIMA: innovative trans-catheter approach to tricuspid valve (TR) and mitral valve therapy. The start is the development of a minimally invasive implantable device suitable for all patients, including those who have refused surgery.
- MOOVE: modular and prefabricated bicycle path obtained by recycling plastic polymers. Equipped with sensors, it can be applied to any type of road surface: a green idea for substance and functionality, modular and intelligent.
- IUV: innovative, edible and biodegradable packaging project for the food and beverage sector, capable of replacing plastic packaging. The product is based on coatings made with natural components capable of preventing the appearance of mould, yeast and bacteria, prolonging the shelf life of the food.
In its decision, the jury has valued both the technological innovation of Arkangel AI, and its enormous impact on health and care in areas where access to medical care and health prevention is scarce.
The winner, Arkangel AI, will represent Colombia in the international phase of the 2020 everis Awards.
everis Netherlands and the everis foundation announced Goal 3 as the winner of the first edition of the everis Awards Nederland.
IDOVEN has developed a solution based on Artificial Intelligence in the cloud with washable technology with which it will be possible to detect, early on, cardiac arrhythmias and sudden death, an ailment that affects more than 30,000 people a year in Spain.